Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Thank you for being My 'Younger Brother'

Title: Thank You for being My 'Younger Brother'

I always wondered what it would be like to have a younger brother or an elder brother. Well, somehow my wish was granted..

Along the way in university, I 'adopted' a younger brother. It started by him calling me 'Jie' and me calling him 'Xiaodi'. Somehow, the names and the roles stuck..

Though we knew each other for a few years but it felt longer. I always wanted to thank hm for giving this opportunity to experience having a younger brother.. I remembered an incident when he delivered dinner for me and he even added extra food for me for fear of me being hungry during lectures..

When I was down, he would be there to cheer me up.. Even though there were time of misunderstanding, it was quickly resolved. I was touched when one day he told me 'Jie, I love you.' Likewise, 'Xiaodi, I love you too'.

I believed somehow and somewhere we must be connected in our previous lives to have such a connection.. Thank you for all the love and concern that you have given me.. I will treasure this kinship between us while it last..May you be well and happy always..

No comments: