Title: Food for Thought
This evening was simply lovely for me.. because I met up with two of my closest friends in SWAPS, Fen and Charles for dinner.. Hee it was a belated birthday dinner for dear Charles who was totally clueless on it..
Imagine his shocked expression when we brought out the mini cake that was hidden in my bag and the fact that we settled the bill.. Hee..His joy brings me happiness for he is like a brother to me..
With good food settling down in my stomach, thoughts started to flow..
Have I become more difficult to understand? More protective of myself, my heart, my mind? I was sharing my 'insights' on how to be careful when getting into a relationship e.g. know the good and bad points of the person you like to be prepared..
By nature, I am rather observant of people's behaviour. So naturally, I can roughly guess a certain person's style through observation. Sherlock Holmes said that good detective skills came from good observation skills..
Perhaps because of this, I know how to guide my behaviour properly. In other words, am I becoming hard to understand? I admit that I am easy to warm up but hard to open up.. If i don't feel like opening up, I won't open up even if it takes a century..
But hard to understand, perhaps.. I can planned in advance over certain events, like testing water but there are things which are uncontrollable.. And if things are controllable, why not planned it rather than leaving it to chance?
Now, I understand why some people marry others even though the person they love is another one. Because they know their love one would not be able to bring them the happiness they wished. Hence, they rather marry someone whom they know can bring them happiness and in the process nurture real love..
Its no wonder they said its a fortunate thing to marry the person you truly love and vice versa..
Sometimes, the best of both worlds just do not exist at all..
This being the case, love being in the open market, everyone is entitled to being picky. So why should gals not be picky? In all aspects, gals are the ones who are gonna to lose out if they are not picky.. Of course, you can be picky and still pick a lousy guy.. but the important thing is you already tried and gone through the process..
The ends aren't the most crucial points.. The process gains credit for it too..
My advice: Pick while you have the market value and can afford to pick..
Imagine his shocked expression when we brought out the mini cake that was hidden in my bag and the fact that we settled the bill.. Hee..His joy brings me happiness for he is like a brother to me..
With good food settling down in my stomach, thoughts started to flow..
Have I become more difficult to understand? More protective of myself, my heart, my mind? I was sharing my 'insights' on how to be careful when getting into a relationship e.g. know the good and bad points of the person you like to be prepared..
By nature, I am rather observant of people's behaviour. So naturally, I can roughly guess a certain person's style through observation. Sherlock Holmes said that good detective skills came from good observation skills..
Perhaps because of this, I know how to guide my behaviour properly. In other words, am I becoming hard to understand? I admit that I am easy to warm up but hard to open up.. If i don't feel like opening up, I won't open up even if it takes a century..
But hard to understand, perhaps.. I can planned in advance over certain events, like testing water but there are things which are uncontrollable.. And if things are controllable, why not planned it rather than leaving it to chance?
Now, I understand why some people marry others even though the person they love is another one. Because they know their love one would not be able to bring them the happiness they wished. Hence, they rather marry someone whom they know can bring them happiness and in the process nurture real love..
Its no wonder they said its a fortunate thing to marry the person you truly love and vice versa..
Sometimes, the best of both worlds just do not exist at all..
This being the case, love being in the open market, everyone is entitled to being picky. So why should gals not be picky? In all aspects, gals are the ones who are gonna to lose out if they are not picky.. Of course, you can be picky and still pick a lousy guy.. but the important thing is you already tried and gone through the process..
The ends aren't the most crucial points.. The process gains credit for it too..
My advice: Pick while you have the market value and can afford to pick..
No comments:
Post a Comment