Monday, April 17, 2006

Being independent and protecting myself once again

Title: Being Independent and Protecting Myself Once Again
I remember that someone once asked me if you could pick an animal to represent yourself, what would you choose? My answer was a porcupine..

A porcupine can protect itself when attacked, hurt or scared.. It is also an independent animal.. In alot of ways, I identified with it..

I have learnt to be independent but perhaps sometimes the emotional aspect trips me up.. Perhaps I need to be independent both physically and mentally, reducing my dependency especially on friends..Along the years when one grows up, some friends are gained while some friends are dropped..This is life and somehow I have slowly gotten used to it..

Maybe that is why I not confide easily in people even though I can socialise with everyone easily.. In alot of cases, I can related to peoples' feelings but not the other way round. Gradually, I realised it's frustrating to want people to understand me.. Somehow, I just stopped trying and understand myself better through me alone..

By nature, Aquarius has a trait of being a loner.. Loner does not equate to being loneliness. Its different issues. That's why I do not mind being alone as well.. Being a loner has its advantages, at the least I do not get hurt emotionally. It is my way of protecting myself..

Healing takes a long time and sometimes it never heals back. I rather prevent the hurt being inflicted on me rather than taking it to risk.. Loner allows me to see things I never ever seen before, bringing to light issues that are blinded from me when I have company..

I know my independent personality will serve me well.. It's human nature to protect oneself from being hurt.. Unless its for a worthy cause which until now I do not see any..

No comments: