In life, it never hurt to be friendly to people and show them some care and concern when you feel they may need it..
I am very grateful when people appreciate the friendship that I have given them and return the same to me as well..
Imagine my delight when a spiritual friend of mine from my 1st msian camp contacted me and informed me that he is working in Singapore now..For about a year or so, we did not have any contact perhaps some forwarded emails occasionally, thats all..
It left a deep impression on me.. I could still remember back in the camp, I saw that during break time, he was sitting in front alone. So i attempted to strike up a conversation with him since we were in the same group.. That started our friendship and for the rest of camp we got to know each other better. He mentioned that he would come here to work and would catch up with me then..
I never expected that after 2 years, he really did keep his promise and caught up with me. I was touched by his gesture for it showed he was someone who treasured friendship too. It was a lovely catch up session with lots of laughter and also exchanges of Dharma experiences in between..
To me, when I gave that friendship that time, I never expected any return. Yet here it is, a friendship that is being appreciated. Its a rare opportunity to be able to continue this spiritual friendship considering that he also went for Venerable Kai Zhao's talk..
Thank you for this precious friendship, I'm sure it will last.. There will be more occasions for us to meet up and learn from each other Dharma knowledge..
Saturday, January 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment