This year Valentine's Day had been the most memorable one.. When couples are celebrating the commercial day away, I was busy with a few die hard friends trying to sell roses..
This mini venture made me realise that three days of selling translated into more than three days of sheer hard work.. Everything was worth it even if I only managed to break even. It strengthened my friendship with Melissa, Siew Hui, Yu Jing through this event. Never had I imagined that they were the ones who helped me through this project.. The gratitude that I have towards them is immeasurable..
Every business that you see, be it on the streets, in the shopping mall has someone there contributing their time and effort. No doubt, their aim is to maximise profits but these people also just wish to have a livelihood. Without them to supply our needs and wants, what will happen to us?
The next time you purchased a product or service, be really thankful that someone is willing to put in their effort and time for us. Business does hold high risks for there is no guarantee that profits will be earned..
************************************************************************************
A gust of wind blew across the desk.. Papers started to fly out of the windows, into the streets, the drains..
"Oh no! Those are my flyers that are supposed to be distributed out! What am I going to do with the opening of the cafe in three days time?" The gal sighed in resignation..
"Knock Knock!"
"Come in, the door is not locked."
The door opened with three earnest faces looking in.. The guy blurted out, "We were wondering if you need any help?"
" Gosh! You could not have picked a better time.. I do need help badly! Can you all help with printing and distribution of flyers?"
" Sure, you can leave it to us!" The gal with funky spectacles answered with a wide smile..
Without any ado, the trio started work.. Still stunned by their appearance, the gal could not believe her luck.. Its been a long time since she felt this way..
A sense of hope in her life that perhaps everything is gonna be alright..
************************************************************************************
Sunday, February 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment