Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I still do not understand..

This post may be offending to some people.. If you are those who neglected close friends over your partners, then I suggest that you skip this article.. but on second thoughts, you may want to give it a glance to understand your dear friends' feelings..

As far as I can remember, I never understand how come good friends can be neglected/ignored the moment the gal gets attached. I am using gals as example because I have never been ignored by a guy friend before.. But gals yes, often they are the culprits.. Of course, there are exceptions..

Usually when I ask my friends regarding this issue, the reply I get is always, "You will understand and will be like them/us when you are in a relationship too." Honestly, this is a lousy excuse to justify the behaviour. Why is it that I do not ignore my close friends when I am in a relationship?

How is it that a guy that you know for a few months can be ranked higher than a close friend that you known for years on the priority list? Simpy because love transcends everything? Isn't it common sense that the close friend should not be ignored because friendship is a million times more precious?

Well, I guess not.. Since common sense no longer exists in love, neither does practicality exists too.. Afterall, love is blind.. Perhaps, its better to be blinded at times rather than seeing everything too clearly.. Maybe I should follow the crowd and neglect/ignore my good friends too?

Knowing me, this is sometime I am unable to do.. Perhaps I am seeing things through my perspective hence I cannot put myself in their shoes.. Call me greedy but I want the best of both worlds; my close friends and my significant other(future) and I believed that both can be juggled equally well..

If not, I will rather give up the relationship than neglect my close friends.. Apart from family, religion and friendship, there is nothing more precious than them..

Please do not neglect close friends over your partners, it hurts deeply. Even though you do not hear or see any hints from your close friends, it does not mean that the hurt does not exist.. The close friend simply do not want you to feel uncomfortable over this matter for she places your happiness more important than hers..

Till now, I still do not understand the logic behind this neglecting close friends issue. Maybe I never will..

No comments: