Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Mini business venture

I have learnt when it comes to doing business, talking about it and executing it are two completely issues.. Certain people can talk about it but when it comes to doing it, its a no go. They need the details and want no risk..

But that is not possible. Having gone through numerous events management with YM team, I came to realise that when the time is tight, its important to be decisive, draw up an overall strategy and go.. The operational details can come in at a later date when the major skeleton has been confirmed..

Within two days, I made up my mind to have a mini business venture. The reason is simple because its a sure earn business with minimum risk taken.. Selling roses during the LOVE season is good business and with 5% risk of unable to finish selling the roses..

The 1st group of people that I approached have since pulled out. Hence, I have pulled in another group of people whom I am less close with but they definitely have the outreach and selling techniques. I have 100% confidence in my team that we are going to finish selling the roses..

Through a msn session with Abner, we came to the conclusion that in business ventures, apart from ideas, capital and resources, business partners are also equally essential ingredients too. Good business partners are hard to find. They can be you good friends but not necessary good business partners.

Communicating with the supplier, Frank is also hilarious. Like me, he is also a student trying to help his society earn some money. Oh boy, I negotiated with him until he told me I am really one of the hardest bargainers.. Even though I could not get him to reduce the price of the baskets BUT I managed to coax some tips of selling roses from him..

He is a nice chap despite his insistence on not cutting price.. I forsee that I will have an enjoyable time working with this supplier and if he has other contacts, perhaps can work in future too.. Every relationship that I build, I try to maintain it as much as possible, its about cutomer relationship management. Someday somewhere you may still need the person's help..

Cheers to my mini business venture! No matter what the outcome is, I have learnt something out of it again..

No comments: