When I was a kid, I used to recall the fun times I had during Mid Autumn Festival.. Playing with friends with sparklers at the playground, burning some poor lanterns..
One of my most memorable times was when I participated in a Fancy Dress Contest.. Geez, wonder why I ever had the courage to do it.. I still remember vividly I dressed up as a tribal gal doing a short 3 minute dance on stage..
A few days before the contest, I fell sick.. thankfully I recovered in time.. With all the thanks to my cousin and my mum who dress me up for the contest.. Ultimately, I didn't win but had an experience that i remember even until now..
These days, Mid Autumn seems to be less of a hip thing. It seems to be something of the past.. Its amazingly I could go to so many places for celebrations yet I chose none..
Really wanted to go for NUSBS celebration but wasn't feeling well.. In the end, I was mopping around with a sad face..
Supposed to have a celebration with another group of buddies.. Poor gal, ZY was trying to co-ordinate.. Both of us were so looking forward to that dat.. In the end, results as expected..
The celebration did not pull through.. 3 of them went to learn diving, the rest either not available or not interested.. Well, what's new? Both of us have already gotten used by now.. What's the point of trying to organising an event when people do not even appreciate it or do not even attempt to turn up? Is it for our own satisfaction or is it for everyone's happiness that someone has to do the organising stuff?
Beats me.. Mayb I will know the answer someday.. But at least I know such a situation exists.. Well, humans are always selfish..Friends have always told this to me.. But is it the TRUTH?
If its the truth, then what about Buddha, Jesus, Sangha community and the churches community? What is their purpose for existence? Aren't they there to help mankind to attain a higher state of mind? Or are they part of a bigger conspiracy?
Well.. who knows.. But i guess, what is important is one's mind is clear on what one's right views are..
Sigh.. Mid Autumn Festival.. comes & goes..
Monday, September 19, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey, u din invite me. if u invited me, sure i come one ;) dun feel sad. next year i celebrate with u ok? jus make sure u have mooncake for me, hee..
Post a Comment